Mahjongg is a game which originated from China and was developed by a Chinese philosopher around 500 BC. But there are no traces of evidence of this game founded before the 19th century.
Today, it can be played online on various websites or downloaded from various programs in various languages for relaxing, sharpening of mind or just for money.
The rules for this game have been changed from time to time from when it was started. The main motto of the game is to clear out the whole screen of tiles by just clicking on two similar tiles (or stars or pictures).
A tile can be exposed in these ways:
1. There should be no tiles on top of another tile
2. There is an empty space on any of the sides either left or right.
If there is any tile exposed then we continue to click on other tiles, until we have not found out the similar matching tile. Every time with the launch new versions, there are new features added to the game which attracts people to play.
Some versions are:
1. Version 4.1d (latest version)
Mac OS X 10.4 & 10.5, Windows
Launched on: 12 March 2009
- [GL] Display Lists are now replaced from Vertex Array and Vertex Buffer Object.
- New style icon, with high resolution for Leopard and Vista.
- The default button is added to dialog boxes.
- The game can be installed in a path with Unicode characters.
2. Version 4.1c
Mac OS X 10.4, Windows
Launched on: 2nd April 2008
- [GL] Full-Scene Anti-Aliasing has been added. The check box for this feature will be disabled if the graphic card doesn’t support it. FSAA patch for wxWidgets is made available
- Downloading progress bar for Internet updates has improved.
- AutoPlay and Random layouts have been removed.
- Default settings: Numbers tiles can be set without sound.
These days there are many new features which have been added to this game and many more will be added in future.
- Gaming window can be resized: We can play the game in any resolution of the window
- A memory to remember: The game can remember the changes in the window size between the playing sessions.
- Special effects: The tiles in the game are having shadowing effects and their shadows disappear when game progressed and tiles are removed.
- Multi-language: The game is available in English and French language also.